Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Blessings

Amongst the pain and tears
There's a light
A bright shining light

With each breath I take
And every day I face
That light shines brighter

The struggles I have overcome
The challenges and hurdles
Life put in front of me
I jumped over
Each time with higher leaps and bounds

My life has been so tumultuous
Never a peaceful moment
Always a new test to pass
And I have always passed
And given strength to that light

By now, I thought the game is over
The light has reached its limit
It cannot shine any brighter
The challenges are due to cease

But no, I was wrong
For every time I smile
And every time I laugh
For each blessing I acknowledge
The light gains power

And my life is so full of goodness
I am so very blessed
Even if the times of suffering
There's a silver lining
To hold onto and to grasp

So every time I choose to notice
To seek and to acknowledge
My life becomes richer
Happiness surrounds me
In the glow of that bright light

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful and true! When I start my day with gratitudes, noticing all of the blessings that I tend to take for granted, it changes everything. Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete