Friday, May 24, 2013

My One True Friend

When I think about my journey

From a quiet secret keeper

To a roaring advocate

I think of all the roads I traveled

The people I met

The ones who guided me

And the ones who led me off course

I always think of you first

You showed me where the trail begins

Where it ends

And all the hidden courses along the way

You cheered me on

You comforted me

You defended me

You advised me

Without you, I'd still be quiet

Without you, I'd still be numb

You gave me hope

You were my hope

Without any expectations

Without any promise of payment

You respected my space

And my needs

You are the one true friend

In a world full of lies

Thank you for saving me

Thank you for being you

Thank God for you

1 comment:

  1. I have one thing to say but I don;t have to actually say it. just read my mind.

    ReplyDelete